Wednesday, January 6, 2010

67 Burger

67 Burger
67 Lafayette Avenue

Brooklyn, NY 11217-5500
(718) 797-7150


Food 7
Ambiance 5
Service 3
Overall 15
Good for upscale burger in deluxe McDonalds setting



On my way to see a really bad Tennesse Williams movie at BAM last December, I decided to check out 67 burger for a quick bite. Having heard enough of the rave reviews of my sisters, who rates it as one of her  favorite burger joints, I ventured to see what all the love is about. Set in the hip heart of Fort Green, literally minutes from BAM it is a great location for fast and furious burger loving. The space is tiny, probably 10 tables in a mod diner looking establishment. Metal, bright colors all you need to feel funky and hip while eating a burger. I must admit although I did not partake when ordering my burger a nice touch is a select option of wine and beer at reasonable prices. When you enter the joint, its like Mcdonalds except upscale. Go to the counter, order the combo your way (oh yeah that burger king), sit down and burger arrives in a few minutes. They even give you free tap water without asking.  So you can choose between 4 kinds of burger - grilled chicken, ground turkey, veggie and good ole beef. No organic grass fed fanciness here. All burger are served on standard sesame bun with lettuce tomatoes and onions. Then you choose your style- with 12 burger variations  ranging from greek feta cheese, artichoke hearts and olive tapenade to your basic blue cheese and bacon classic 67 burger, varying in base price of  $7-9. Then you can add a variety of cheeses and sauces for under $2  per topping. They also have a variety of salad sides or mains. Fries are not included and your options for under $4 are regular curly, cajun seasoned and sweet potatoe . They also have pricey onion rings for $4.50  . I opted for the  $8 parisien beef burger, medium rare, served with white wine sauteed onions, mushrooms, dijon mustard with a side of regular $2.95 fries. One thing for sure this place is speedy. In five minutes, I got a well sized fresh tasting beef packet of yumminess. The lettuce tomatoe onion  and pickle were a bit faded but the burger itself was a flavor bonanza. The meat was juicy and  perfectly cooked. The fries were enormous, really the size for 3 people to share and unfortunately to salty and not crispy enough for my taste. Overall, the burger was good. Certainly not the best burger my big mouth has consumed. I also did not like the quick serve , Mcdonald aspect to this place. Its does not feel  like a restaurant and personally if I am going to end up spending 10 dollars on a burger and fries I would like to feel like I am in a more chill down place. Of course,as a take out spot or I just need a quick upscale burger fix, it's not a bad option.
So overall I would recommend 67 burger .
The Quest continues..................

No comments:

Post a Comment